Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mathew V's "I'm A Bitch" - Single Review


   Talk about never judging a book by its flawless cover...

   Vancouver singer/songwriter Mathew V is taking aim at harmful stereotypes with the release of his exceptional debut single, the soul/pop-influenced "I'm a Bitch", which sets out to paint the controversial curse word in a totally different light.

   From its attention-grabbing, clap-along intro to the first vocal notes heard from Mathew V, the new release is a commendable, better-than-expected, sassy tune that should thrust the 18-year-old aspiring artist into the spotlight for all the right reasons. Recorded in London, "I'm a Bitch" is far from the typical overly produced dance track targeted to the LGBT community. This one thankfully has some depth.

   "There was a time when I wasn't bad, and I look back on the good times that we had, and there was no need to fend myself, I'm doing this for me, and you can go to hell," the young artist belts on the swinging jazz-inspired single. While the lyrics and structure of the song are commendable and solid, it's the vocal performance from Mathew V that will really have people talking.

   Sam Smith does quickly come to mind when "I'm a Bitch" is heard, and with more practice and experience Mathew V could reach that level, but for an introduction the new single does exactly what it needs to. With a noticeable sense of confidence, a radio-friendly, pop-leaning beat and an impressive delivery, the artist is generating the right kind of buzz.

   "I'm a Bitch" is a profanity laced, catchy, vocal platform for Mathew V, the accompanying music video is a simple yet polished visual as well, and hints at bigger and brighter things for the rising star. Our eyes should be kept on this talented 18-year-old.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar