Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

COUTURE : PARIS : Spring Summer 2011 : Chanel

The Chanel couture show burst onto Paris catwalks this morning in a dazzling display of models, tweeds, sequins and, erm, flat shoes?!??!?! Karl? you want to explain this one?????
There was of course the black and white pieces which you come to expect from Chanel, dotted with girly pastels. Creating a feminine and summery display. I am not sure if I am a fan or not of the black flat shoes. A strange choice. But then, for those of us with foot pain, back pain and height issues, prehaps it could be a welcome break from the insane platforms of other designers and previous seasons! Viva la flats!
Anyway, the first thing I noticed about the collection is boxy and uncurvy shapes of the collection. Waists are dropped and belts hung low on hips. Elongating the body.
The second thing I noticed, was the wonderful mix of sequin and tweed. Tweed can be a difficult fabric to pull off if your under 60. Especially if your in your 20's. It can be aging and it's best to mix with other fabrics. One piece at a time! But the slices of reflective goodness (sequins) dotted through the tweed brought a classic fabric bang up to date. Giving it a younger and more trend orientated appeal. I love that the above suit has all the appeal of the more classic Chanel lines, but can be worn with other pieces. I mean, that jacket and some amazing leather or skinny jeans? More of a casual look, but you know how it is! One must find ways!
I can see the high street going crazy for the sequin legging. In A/W2009, the shops were full to the brim of sequinned everything. I even had a pair of sequinned leggings myself. (and a pair of sequinned harem pants we wont go into) A bit uncomfortable to wear, there is something fantastically OTT about them. They are so simple in concept, but when worn in the right way they can make an outfit something special. But I would have preferred these a bit skinnier and a bit tighter! I think we could find these back on the shelves at the very at Topshop.
They also came in silver.
The shift dress is getting a lot of attention this season. I noticed the simple shift dress popping up in three other designer collections earlier this year. Easy to wear and fits most body shapes. The shift dress is a classic. And as you can see from above, can be worn with heels or flats.
I do love the sequinned leggings. I think they give almost a rock edge to the pieces. As I mentioned before, I think Chanel can sometimes be an older label, for women with elegance and class. Not fags, beers and rock music. But I like that this appealed to me and my wardrobe. Which can sometimes be a bit sequinned heavy. Hey, I'm in my 20's!!!!!
Loving the way those sequins are sitting perfectly on the flat shoe. I will however add that black is flattering to anyone and any body shape. but the silver, be warned. Silver will show any lump or bump your trying to hide.
Take it from a woman who had silver sequinned harem pants. There is such a thing as taking it too far....

ON TREND:
Sequins
Sequinned skinny leggings / jeans
Dropped waists
pastel colors
Shift dresses
Tuxedo jackets with embellishments.
flat shoes

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar