Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How To Be More Productive

Hello all! Today I'm going to be sharing with y'all my tips/nuggets of wisdom for being more productive! I do all my college classes online so that means my bedroom is my classroom and work area. Being at home all the time is a good and bad thing. Good thing: I can do my work in my pajamas and no makeup. Bad thing: A lot less structured than a traditional classroom. That being said I have to really make sure I stay on top of things. Along the way I've learned some tricks to staying productive and powering through my projects or looong list of to do's. So I thought I'd share my tips to being more productive!

Okay so normally I don't cuss but I really liked this quote and look at the little 'asterisk', it's a heart! How cute!

#1: Write it out and prioritize // Write out what needs to be done and prioritize what needs to get done ASAP and what can get done later. This will help you so you can a) see everything, b) track your progress and c) make sure you don't forget something. 

#2: Cut out distractions // Cut out your distractions; turn off your phone, social media notifications, TV, etc., block websites like Youtube, turn off texts. Distractions like these interrupt your work flow and can hinder knocking out your list.

#3: Make time // Make time to get your work done. Don't just spend 10 minutes here and there. Set aside a day to power through your work or to-do lists. You'll get way more done and feel accomplished after. 

#4: Make space // Having an area dedicated to working can increase productivity. Whether that's a desk in your room, an actual office or your kitchen table having a space helps keep you motivated. If you're needing a more conducive workspace try a coffee shop. The atmosphere there always keeps me working harder and I find I get more done. 

#5: Break up tasks // I get majorly overwhelmed sometimes by the amount of things I need to do. Breaking them up into more manageable tasks will eliminate that stress. If I have an 8 page paper to do, I'll break it up into sections where I'll have an intro, body paragraphs and a conclusion. I'll work on each section separately then put it all together. So instead of having one giant paper I have a bunch of little ones.

#6: Have needed supplies // Make sure before you sit down and get to work you have all your needed supplies; water, snacks, pens, textbooks, notes, chargers, etc. If you don't have everything all together you'll spend more time getting up and getting them than actually working.

#7: Take breaks // Don't forget to take little breaks every now and again. My system is I work for an hour and then break for 10 minutes or so. I get more water or a snack, stretch, check my social media, etc. Taking a small break can rejuvenate you and your mind and help you get more work done in the long run. 

#8: Reward appropriately // It can't be all work and no play. Once you accomplish something big on your list or your whole list reward yourself! Take your self out to a nice lunch, go to a movie you've been dying to see or treat yourself to a decadent chocolate cupcake. 

#9: Set a schedule // Create a schedule of your day and the things that you need to get done. For example, at 9am you're going to start researching for your project, then at 11am you need to finish proofing your paper. Take a break at noon for lunch and then back at it at 12:45pm. Having a schedule will keep you on track and in your groove. 

#10: Create the atmosphere // By setting the atmosphere for your workspace you can keep yourself moving right along. Make sure you have lots of light, so open your blinds or turn on a desk lamp. Play some coffee shop or classic music to keep the inspiration flowing. And as much as working in pajamas is comfortable sometimes putting on semi-real clothes, aka leggings and a sweater, can help set the work mood. 

I hope these tips helped on how to be more productive! These can be applied to working at home or studying or anything in between. 

Lemme know what your tips on how to be more productive are? Got a secret on how to power through? Lemme know!

Till next time loves!





"study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; dream while others are wishing"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar